- Noninvasive SpO2 measurement integrated into the ventilator’s monitoring display
- Comprehensive portfolio of SpO2 sensors
- Accurate monitoring of arterial oxygen saturation and pulse rate, even during challenging conditions such as motion and low perfusion1
Parameter overview by oximeter brand
See the chart below for options and measurements available with each oximeter.
The upgradable Masimo rainbow SET technology platform offers a range of optional parameters (PVi, SpMet, SpHb, SpCO, SpOC)2.
|Measurements / Options||Nihon Kohden||Masimo SET||Masimo rainbow SET|
|SpO2 (oxygen saturation)||x||x||x|
|Pi (perfusion index)||x||x|
|PVi (pleth variability index)||x||x|
|SpHb (total hemoglobin)||x|
|SpOC (oxygen content)||x|
PVi (pleth variability index)
- May be used as a dynamic indicator of fluid responsiveness in select populations of intubated and mechanically ventilated patients
- Provides continuous and noninvasive measurement of the carbon monoxide levels in arterial blood
- Enables clinicians to noninvasively and continuously monitor levels of methemoglobin in the blood
SpHb (total hemoglobin)
- Provides real-time visibility of changes, or lack of changes, in hemoglobin between invasive blood samples
- Hemoglobin is directly related to the oxygen-carrying capacity, which is of interest to intensivists and respiratory therapists managing the ventilator settings
SpOC (oxygen content)
- Provides noninvasive measurement of the oxygen content
Reliable and accurate SpO2 measurement for closed-loop technology
The integration of pulse oximetry in Hamilton Medical ventilators (not available for HAMILTON-C2/MR1) allows you to see all the parameters in one location and facilitates the automatic titration of oxygenation. SpO2 sensors from Masimo provide reliable measurement even during challenging conditions such as motion and low perfusion. With Masimo rainbow SET technology, you have the option of measuring multiple additional parameters.
Greater ease of use
The sensor data is integrated directly into the ventilator’s monitoring display, and can be visualized in trend graphics. The data is also subject to all the relevant alarms that are controlled at the ventilator.
The Masimo sensor adapter can be easily mounted on all standard rails and includes storage for CAPNOSTAT® CO2 sensors. The adapter is also equipped with a dedicated cable-holder.