Same compact device. More features.
The HAMILTON-C1, HAMILTON-T1, and HAMILTON-MR1 ventilators are our most popular devices. Combining big performance with a compact size, these three ventilators are ideal companions for all patient groups in different applications. The software update v3.0.x brings many new features* and improvements:
- New graphical user interface (GUI)
- Individualized, lung-protective ventilation with INTELLiVENT®-ASV®
- CPR ventilation
- Upgraded high flow oxygen therapy
- Volume Support mode
- Digital solutions for respiratory care: Hamilton Connect Module and App
- Remote access to HAMILTON-H900 controls and status
- Greater visibility of TeslaSpy alarms for the HAMILTON-MR1
For an overview of the features available on each device, refer to the table below.
*Not all features are available in all markets.
The new graphical user interface (GUI)
The black background of the new GUI increases the visibility of the information on the display. Visibility is also greater during active alarms, where the associated main monitoring parameters (MMPs) are color-coded.
New waveform layout
Up to three waveforms can be displayed at the same time for a better overview.
Illustrated preoperational checks
Illustrations have been added to the preoperational checks to provide additional guidance.
Open the on-screen help by touching the alarm message for easier and faster troubleshooting.
Individualized, lung-protective ventilation with INTELLiVENT-ASV
With the introduction of INTELLiVENT-ASV, the most advanced ventilation mode from Hamilton Medical is now available on HAMILTON-C1 and HAMILTON-T1 ventilators. The graphical user interface of this ventilation mode has been optimized for the compact display on these devices.
INTELLiVENT-ASV continuously applies individualized, lung-protective ventilation by selecting safe driving pressure, safe mechanical power, and safe tidal volume (Arnal 2019). It ensures that the patient spends more time in the targeted oxygen saturation range, a measure considered protective against hypoxia (Bialais 2016) and hyperoxia (Arnal 2019, Bialais 2016).
If you are already using INTELLiVENT-ASV with other Hamilton Medical devices, you can now provide a continuum of care in all situations, including during transport.
Clinical studies show that INTELLiVENT-ASV:
- Requires fewer manual adjustments than conventional ventilation, consequently reducing the workload for the healthcare team (Bialais 2016)
- Is rated as having the most technological capabilities of all evaluated modes in terms of safety, comfort, and weaning (Mireles-Cabodevila 2013)
- Follows the latest recommendations for lung-protective ventilation in terms of tidal volumes and driving pressure (Arnal 2019, Arnal 2016)
Upgraded high flow oxygen therapy
High flow oxygen therapy* has been upgraded to increase the therapy and monitoring range:
- Maximum flow rate increased to 30 l/min for the neonatal category, and 100 l/min for the adult/pediatric category**
- Maximum flow limitation is configurable for the neonatal category
- For flows up to 12 l/min, the flow can be adjusted in intervals of 0.5 liters. For flows higher than 12 l/min, the interval is 1 liter
- Flow rate monitoring is available
- SpO2/FiO2-ratio is available as a trend
- Advanced back-pressure management
*Always use active humidification during high flow oxygen therapy.
**In some markets, the maximum possible Flow setting may be limited.
CPR ventilation adapts ventilation settings to situations where CPR is being performed. The new feature supports the CPR workflow with:
- Quick access to preconfigurable settings
- Adequate alarm and trigger adjustment
- CPR timer on the screen
- Display of relevant waveforms and MMPs
Introduction of Volume Support
In Volume Support mode, breaths are volume-targeted and spontaneous. Pressure is adjusted between breaths to achieve the target tidal volume.
- Available for all patient groups
- Particularly useful for neonatal patients
Digital solutions for respiratory care: Hamilton Connect Module and App
We aim to support our customers and provide value for them throughout the entire ventilation workflow. The new Hamilton Connect Module and the associated Hamilton Connect App are the first steps in realizing this vision. They offer a simple solution to facilitate and streamline your daily ventilation workflow.
Hamilton Connect Module
The Hamilton Connect Module integrated in the ventilator provides the HAMILTON-C1/T1 with the capability of secure wireless communication with patient data management systems, monitoring systems, and the Hamilton Connect App.
Hamilton Connect App
Hamilton Connect App connects your mobile device to your Hamilton Medical ventilator and allows you to access selected ventilation data.
Remote access to HAMILTON-H900 controls
The HAMILTON-H900 humidifier can now be controlled directly from the ventilator user interface, increasing visibility and comfort for the clinician:
- Humidifier monitoring data is directly visible on the ventilator display
- The humidification mode is automatically selected based on the chosen ventilation mode
- Dedicated humidifier modes for invasive and noninvasaive ventilation, as well as high flow oxygen therapy
- The humidifer is synchronized with the operating status of the ventilator
Greater visibility of the TeslaSpy alarms
Mirrored on the ventilator display
The audiovisual TeslaSpy alarms on the HAMILTON-MR1 are now mirrored on both the ventilator display and the alarm lamp for greater visibility.
Included in the Event log
TeslaSpy alarms are now included in the Event log as well.
|Delta-sign for pressure-setting labels||✓||✓||✓|
|Disable Auto alarm button||✓||✓||✓|
|Disable LPO mode||✓||✓||x|
|Greater visibility of TeslaSpy alarms||x||x||✓|
|Hamilton Connect Module||o||o||x|
|New graphical user interface (GUI)||✓||✓||✓|
|OSI score as parameter||✓||✓||x|
|Plimit setting in Controls window||✓||✓||✓|
|Remote access to HAMILTON-H900 controls and status*||o||o||x|
|SpO2/FiO2-ratio as a trend in HiFlowO2 mode||✓||✓||x|
|TI max available in flow cycle modes||✓||✓||✓|
|Upgraded high flow oxygen therapy*||✓||✓||✓|
|Volume Support mode*||✓||✓||✓|
x Not available
* Not available in all markets
The new HAMILTON-C1/T1/MR1 v3.0.x Brochure
PDF / 1.7 MB
Hamilton Connect flyer
PDF / 327.1 KB
Arnal, J.-M., M. Saoli, and A. Garnero, Heart & Lung: The Journal of Cardiopulmonary and Acute Care. 2019 Nov.
Arnal JM. Intensive Care Med Exp 2016, 4(Suppl 1):A602.
Bialais, E., et al., Minerva Anestesiol, 2016. 82(6): p. 657-68.
Mireles-Cabodevila E. Respir Care. 2013 Feb;58(2):348-66. *Erratum in: Respir Care. 2013 Apr;58(4):e51